Ubuntu 12.04 - Upgrade SVN (1.7.9)

Today I rolled back my distro from Ubuntu 13.04 to 12.04. This is because I was sick of all the stability/general-problems with Compiz, and I know they worked perfectly in 12.04. However this meant that my svn version was incompatible with all the code I had previously checked out. Rather than re-check out all the repos again, it is better to just upgrade svn as no doubt it has some new features/fixes as well.

If you are using Ubuntu 14.04, then ignore this tutorial.

Steps

    Install this SVN PPA and upgrade (assuming you have already installed the 'subversion' package).
    sudo apt-add-repository ppa:svn/ppa -y
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y
    For those running RabbitVCS. I highly recommend that you reboot at this point as the nautilus extension would not work for me until I did this (even after performing a killall nautilus). If it still does not work, try performing these:
    sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsvn_client-1.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/
    sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsvn_client-1.so.1 /usr/lib/
    sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpython2.7.so.1.0 /usr/lib/
    sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpython2.7.so.1 /usr/lib/
    It is working for me now after performing these, but as I did not try rebooting until afterwards, I am not sure if all/any of them are actually necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment